Why Strong Employer Employee Relation is Important
Employer Employee Relation Importance Every individual shares a certain relationship with his/her colleagues at the workplace. The relationship is warm, so-so or bad. The relationship can be between anyone in the organization – between co workers, between an employee and his superior, between two members in the management and so on. It is important that the employees share a healthy relationship with each other to deliver their best performances.
Employer Employee Relation refer to the relationship shared among the employees in an organization. It is an art which effectively monitors and manages the relation between individuals either of the same team or from different teams. The employees must be comfortable with each other for a healthy environment at work. It is the prime duty of the superiors and team leaders to discourage conflicts in the team and encourage a healthy relationship among employees. Healthy employee relation has a close connect with improving productivity and reducing employee turnover.
In today’s era where an employee is considered to be an Asset, it is the prime duty to look after their sentiments so that “THE ASSETS FOR TODAY DON’T TURN OUT TO BE A LIABILITY IN THE LONG RUN”.
Let’s go through some steps and strategies to strengthen healthy relationship in the organization:
- Encourage them to be friendly with each-other
- Involve your Team-mates
- Schedule a get-together on timely basis
- Encourage effective communication
- Say No To Favoritism
Communication is not only important in our daily lives but also plays a crucial role at workplace. It is one of the most important factors which either improves or spoils the relationship among employees. There are some other features which make strong employee relation very important. Employer Employee Relation They are:
- Improves Productivity: Strong employment relations create a pleasant atmosphere within the work environment; it increases the employee motivation and can also be increased through improved employee morale.
- Increase Employee Loyalty: Creating the productive and pleasant work environment has a drastic effect on an employee’s loyalty to the business, it encourages a loyal workforce. Having such a workforce improves employee retention, in doing so the cost of recruitment, hiring and training is cut drastically.
- Reduces Conflicts: When a work environment is efficient and friendly the extent of conflict within the workplace is reduced. Less conflict results in the employees being able to concentrate on the tasks at hand and they are therefore more productive.
- Increased Morale: One feels secure and confident and thus delivers his best. It is okay if you share your secrets with your colleagues but you should know where to draw the line. A sense of trust is important.
- Easy Delegation: This also allows you and the employees to acknowledge and understand their strengths and weaknesses. These are a few points to consider when delegating tasks;
- Assign tasks that challenge your employees
- Assume responsibility for your employees mistakes
- Do not take credit for your employees achievements
- Accept your own personal mistakes
Maintaining a pleasant employer-employee relationship requires knowing each others resistance to stress and sensitivity levels in order to communicate feedback more effectively. Basically it’s all about approaching someone the way they need to be approached in order to bring out the best in them.
“Employer and Employees” are the two wheels of the engine of the organization, a good and healthy relationship between these two wheels will only take the organization forward.”
Employer Employee Relation GfnD’selva Infotech Pvt Ltd.